Monday 6 May 2013

"Shall I Compare Thee to a Summer's Day?"







Well, what gorgeous weather we're having! More about that later, but first I better address the big subject... Where have I been?

Where have I been... I am terribly sorry for my absence and hoped you survived without me, but blogging had to take the back seat in the last couple of weeks. Shameful, isn't it? But it was necessary as I had a ridiculous amount of assignments due in and exams, as well as a number of other events! All in all culminating in a very stressful week. More importantly it meant I had no time to blog, bake or for that matter do anything other than write essays and revise... So Dull!
But, this weekend I decided to hop back into the swing of things and so got out my camera and took a few snaps in the garden. I was rather pleased with them if I may say so myself, so I thought I would share them with you lot!

That brings me nicely onto the next subject, Sunshine! It was almost 20 degrees on Saturday!This may not sound like much to some of you but here in the north of England that's about as good as it gets! Finally it feels like summer, and I'm loving it. I love it when its warm and sunny because it makes the day so much better. When its sunny you can where dresses and prance about for no reason at all, but not feel silly because its so sunny. You can go to the beach and splash in the sea even though its stupidly cold. You can have barbecues and eat outside. Everyday feels like a holiday.

More than anything this little snippet of sunshine has made me so exited for the summer. I am most definitely a summer sort of person.

Are you a summer sort of person?

Much Love,
Alex-Rose xxx


Shall I Compare Thee to a Summer's Day?

Shall I compare thee to a summer's day?
Thou art more lovely and more temperate:
Rough winds do shake the darling buds of May,
And summer's lease hath all too short a date:
Sometime too hot the eye of heaven shines,
And often is his gold complexion dimm'd;
And every fair from fair sometime declines,
By chance or nature's changing course untrimm'd;
But thy eternal summer shall not fade
Nor lose possession of that fair thou owest;
Nor shall Death brag thou wander'st in his shade,
When in eternal lines to time thou growest:
So long as men can breathe or eyes can see,
So long lives this and this gives life to thee.


Sonnet XVIII: Shall I compare thee to a summer's day? by William Shakespeare


No comments:

Post a Comment