Friday 8 March 2013

Lemon Biscuits






*sigh* The weather is feeling so cold again; cold and drizzly... This is such a sad face, because I was really enjoying our little teaser of warmness! The weather was finally warming up and for a tiny moment I thought that maybe we would be saying farewell to the fog, drizzle, and cold mornings of winter; but no, this is England that I live in, so I suppose that was wishful thinking.

Anyway, on a less depressing note, to cheer myself up I decided to bake something lemony! Lemons are so juicy and tangy and just generally remind me of summer, so they seem the perfect thing for a grey day in a chilly March. 

So my little bake of (wishing it was) summer are crisp lemon biscuits from the blog Whisk Kid (link at the bottom of the page). This blog is beautiful and full of tasty recipes!

At first I wasn't sure whether the biscuits were working because they didn't look like biscuits at all; more like Madeleine's when I took them out they looked a little more biscuit like but still very cake-y? But once they had cooled and I tried them they were delicious, soft and cake-y in the middle but crisp on the outside, the lemon flavour comes through really well and with a bit of chocolate drizzle they are just perfect!


Much love Alex-Rose xxx

Whisk Kid:
http://www.whisk-kid.com/

Lemon Crisp Biscuits- From The Whisk Kid blog
Ingredients:
  • 120g unsalted butter
  • 150g sugar
  • 1 egg
  • 1 1/2 teaspoons of lemon juice 
  • zest of a whole lemon
  • 1/2 teaspoon of vanilla essence]
  • 1/2 teaspoon of baking powder
  • 1/4 teaspoon of bicarbonate of soda
  • pinch of salt
  • 156g plain flour
Method:
Pre-heat your oven to 170c (fan)
Cream together the butter and sugar then add the egg, lemon juice and zest, and the vanilla. Sift on the flour baking powder and salt, mix until just combined. Spoon onto baking trays, (around 1 1/2 teaspoons or 8g per biscuit) then place into the oven for 10 to 12 minutes or unitl golden around the edges. Leave to cool before drizzling with melted chocolate, enjoy! xx

No comments:

Post a Comment